Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sunset Tones


VEDA pink leather jacket // SHOP SIMILAR
Vintage neck scarf
Lacoste sneakers
Vintage Salvatore Ferragamo purse
Crap Eyewear sunglasses

By far, one of my favorite outfits EVER. The color schemes I seek out the most are those inspired by a burning, lingering sunset, made even more bold against a creamy white foundation. The pale, blushed pink of my leather jacket, the burnt orange of my scarf that I picked up literally the day before at a vintage store in Bushwick, and the retro salmon fade of my sunnies came together so artfully. My color scheme was on fleek! You know me . . . salmon pink everything!! I attended the Tommy Hilfiger show this particular day, which was mind-blowingly straight out of my very own Caribbean dream. Rainbow crochet and bucket hats galore. I think next summer will be calling me back to Puerto Rico or the Bahamas for sure because of it. 

We shot these photos right after a show at Milk Studios (that we nearly missed) and right before grabbing some Vietnamese food for fuel to carry us through the rest of our day. The majority of NYFW this year has kept us close to the Chelsea neighborhood, which is so lovely because it is so easy on the eyes, and so much more calm than a good chunk of the city. Stoic brownstones and more refined streets make for ultimate photo shoot locations. The peaceful environment gives me that extra kick in my step that has often been lost in fashion weeks of the past. I don't feel like I'm rushing, and because of that I get to enjoy a whole lot more of not just the fashion scene, but the everyday NYC scene that I love and sometimes forget is at the tips of my fingers. Thanks for being much kinder to us this season NYFW :) I am forever grateful. 


AVY said...

The scarf is very cute, it makes the whole outfit.


Natali said...

You look stunning in this outfit! Love how you've mixed boho, Parisienne elegance and sporty chic looks into one!

Liz Lauren said...

love this dress

Stephanie said...

Lovely look, love the maxi dress paired with the scarf!


The Sunday Mode said...

This is a beautiful look on you, the reformation dress looks killer!

Katie said...

Love your style is really beautiful!Welcome to share more popular fashion clothing
lv handbag shop
charming bagshops
cocobag absolutely stunning
jacketsalemalls hot sell
Love your handbag

Rachel said...

Such a stunner in those tones!!! You always have the best color combos going girl!



Mary Gui said...

i love this look with the simple white dress and scarf!

vivienekok said...

Love that pink leather jacket! I remember spotting one in Zara previously during the Spring but was waiting for it to go on sale and I bet it's all gone now haha! :)


Real Life Nerd //