Saturday, October 24, 2015

First Day in Seoul, Korea

___

Free People blouse
Vintage pants from Antoinette Brooklyn
AGL patent leather boots // SHOP HERE
Joy Gryson leather purse // SHOP SIMILAR
___

I can't believe our Seoul, Korea trip has officially come to an end. Looking back, Natalie, Ashley and I realized that we did an insane amount during our 7 days there, which was made up of a perfect balance of a mind-blowing Seoul Fashion Week and exploring the local scene. I am actually not sure whether or not I feel like a month has past by, or less than a week. It was all a beautiful blur made up of so many moments that made us laugh, dance and appreciate a new culture that was so shockingly new yet so welcoming to us foreigners. We had so many questions we wanted to ask, and we had so many traditions of our own that we wanted to share with our new Korean friends. Seoul to me was unlike any other Asian country I've ever been to (I've only visited a few countries in Southeast Asia in my past, which is a far contrast to Korea), and what stood out to me the most was the patience of the people here. There was a feeling of calmness even during the busiest hours of the day, but there was also a strong sense of purpose in the air. Getting around the city felt easy and un-rushed, but its foundation was that of a real city with so many working parts. So many different neighborhoods that each still had elements that connected them all. The traditional mixed with the modern. Seoul is a woven blanket that you can't help but notice. Old school tea houses and fashion-forward kids in head-to-toe black walking down the streets and eating fried food sold from carts in unison. So much felt familiar, but at the same time so much was extremely foreign but so, so welcoming, which made the experience even more moving. I adore Seoul and its colors and the sweet smiles and waves that greeted us everywhere we explored. I have so much more to share on here with you all. Enjoy these photos for now :)




















13 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

I really wanna go to seoul!


http://hashtagliz.com

Milex xxx said...

Alessandra said...

Enjoy your time there! You got to feel every smell and every look in that fabulous city with fabulous buildings and fabulous people. Enjoy it!

Kalina said...

you look great and the photos are amazing, this views!

Anonymous said...

i was waiting for ur seoul photo diary to see it thru ur eyes. i love the pictures,they have soul:). btw,i'm from lahore,pakistan which is another vibrant city full of life n culture n i wish you would visit this part of the world too. Zofashan

Radhiana said...

such a cool trip, btw I always love your style Dy :)


www.princessraia.com

Rachel Ang said...

Gosh I love Seoul!! Normally when I visit a place, when it comes to the end of it I'll be ready to come home, but not for Seoul. Its the only place that made me feel like I havent had enough, and I'll jump at any opportunity to visit Seoul again! xx

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com

Sarah Modeee said...

Hello,

Amazing pics ! :D

Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

Anonymous said...

Heyy! I absolutely love your pictures and edit. I wanted to ask if you've done a course in photography? Which camera and white vsco edit?? Thanks love you're beautiful ❤

Megan said...

Very nice pictures ! Your outfit is flawless as usual

Carly Conners said...

Beautiful travel diary - your photos tell a great story. You look fab :)
xx
Carly
http://bunbunbook.com

Viviene Kok said...

I'm still looking for a pair of patterned pants that actually fits! Like yours! So difficult to find :/

Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.blogspot.com

Michelle Lee said...

cool photos!



www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com