Thursday, October 29, 2015

Granny Style

 ___

Eileen Fisher wool vest // SHOP HERE
Eileen Fisher wool skirt // SHOP HERE
H&M Sweater
Ace & Jig scarf
Matt Bernson shoes // SHOP SIMILAR
Isly leather handbag
___

I feel like I've hardly even had a moment in NYC these past few weeks, with a week in Korea and now another week on the west coast for work and some family downtime. I miss my east coast city!! It might still feel like summer in Southern California, but its slowly transitioning to winter weather in NYC currently. When I get back, I can finally dig my favorite heavy knits from out of storage containers hidden under my bed. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so ready for the season of coziness, snuggling and long evenings spent inside with some hot chocolate (or a hot toddy) and a really great novel. But the reality is that the cold can suck, but the survival plan is easy. Layer up like a grandma. It doesn't sound too sexy, but really there are ways to layer up without feeling too frumps. Sleek black in long lengths over pieces more heavy on the volume is a balancing act that I practice every cold season. And my best trick? UNIQLO HEATTECH inner wear layering tops. I throw them under everything in the winter, and sometimes all I need is a light coat and I'm good to go even in the snow. Catch ya back in NYC on the warm side. 



10 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

you're definitely rocking this granny look

http://hashtagliz.com

Natali said...

Perfect chunky sweater and such a cute bag!

http://lartoffashion.com

ana said...

Great look!

http://www.anablush.com

Marta said...

Love the sweater and the bag! Really lovely look!


http://MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/casual-in-black-and-grey/

Avanti Garde said...

Beautiful imagery! I love this granny chic look.

Avanti
xxx
avantigarde.wordpress.com

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Cute, love the granny style
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Suzan said...

I love the look and especially the bag.

Rachel said...

That knitted sweater is so perfect!

xo

Rachel

Rachel Ang said...

Loe this look! =)

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com

Michelle Lee said...

looks so cozy! love this look



www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com