Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hair | Date Night Waves

One of the biggest stresses when it comes to dating (on top of the nervous butterflies and hoping your date will be a good conversationalist) is what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with my hair! I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my beauty and hair routine. The more natural, the better to me. But sometimes, taking just a few extra steps can make all the difference, livening things up tenfold so, so easily. I started using the XO Styling Iron, created by fellow blogger Cara McLeay of A Fashion Love Affair. I'm very particular about the hot tools I use on my hair to make sure I'm not allowing any damage while still getting the desired effects. I've been using the XO Styling Iron ever since I first tried it. I'm basically hooked because the results have been so spot on. Using the XO Styling Iron has taken me the least amount of time to do my hair ever! Which is great for me, because I don't like to spend a lot of time on these sort of things! And I prefer to use a straightening iron to add waves, because it gives me a less intense curl and I can always assure that I won't end up looking like Shirley Temple. If it's too curly, just a swipe of the straightener tames it down. So I can easily go both ways. On date nights, I tend to to make the wave a little more extreme than normal. As the night goes on, it will effortlessly get more subtle. 

I basically start work with the hair around my face first, then start creating waves in chunks from one side to the other side. I start the wave with the iron at a little above the middle point of my head, twisting the hair around the iron with the iron horizontal, and then slowly work my way down. I break up the waves throughout to give them that messy, worn-in texture. Then I put in more beach spray and add in more tousling once I've gotten through all my hair, and I'm good to go for the night! Super easy! Thanks Cara for creating the perfect styling iron. It's truly been a life saver :)

Shop the XO Styling Iron HERE!


Liz Lauren said...

it looks amazing -- love your hair like this

Ray-Ban giveaway on my blog!


Rebekah Smith said...

your hair is gorgeous, love the curls and colour!


Stephanie said...

love this !your hair looks great in beach waves!


aurora said...

love the hair looks so good .

The Sunday Mode said...

Your hair is so beautiful! I did a similar post to this on my blog just last week actually, obviously having flat hair is something we both want to steer clear of!


Rachel Ang said...

Beautiful beautiful!!! Perfect curls!

Rachel x