Monday, October 12, 2015

Right Before the Downpour

 ___

Achro dress from ANTHOM
VEDA leather jacket // SHOP HERE
Joie leather boots // SHOP HERE
Vintage hat and neck scarf
Rita Sutormina backpack
___

Back from quite an amazing weekend. Danced quite a lot. Unplugged a bit and wasn't on my phone as much. Caught up on some sleep. Hit the gym. Not quite ready to start packing for my next adventure . . . to Seoul, Korea of all places! Thursday morning, we will be on our way :) As stoked as one can be to see a part of Asia I haven't gotten to know yet. It'll be quite the wild week, that's all I know. 

It's Sunday night as I prepare this post, and I'm sipping on my favorite beer and just enjoying an evening of solitude. As I get older, I realize really how good for the soul it is to have some time set aside to spent with myself. To reflect. To read a book. To watch a movie without distractions. To create a piece of art just for myself to hang on my wall. To listen to my same favorite song over and over again with no one to tell me to lower the volume or turn it off. I can be as lazy or as productive as I want to. 

I love the hours I have to myself just as much as I love NYC after a good rain. My friend took these pictures on one of the season's most rainiest of weeks ever. Despite the grey clouds, the Soho streets still were hustling and bustling. Feet moving in every possible direction. Last minute errands being ran before the rain actually hit down too hard. The ones with no umbrellas walking a little bit more speedily than the rest. Coats and jackets in every possible color, standing out even more against the grey overcast shadows brought down by the clouds overhead. Everything looks more warm and comforting. At least, that is how I feel. I love NYC during every single season. It is its endless vitality that is so energizing. Sometimes too energizing, some might say. But to me, just the right amount. I feel so lucky to live in a city that makes me feel this way every single day :)





12 comments:

Natali said...

You're such a beauty and this is a great Parisienne chic outfit!

http://lartoffashion.com

AVY said...

I love New York after a rain, the smell in the streets and the park, the skies. It's beautiful. I miss it.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




aurora said...

beautiful love veda jacket

Laura Clark said...

There's really nothing better than just having some time to yourself, especially with a beverage in hand. Have so much in Seoul! Can't wait to see the pics

Laura

http://thefoxtrails.blogspot.com

Liz Lauren said...

love the jacket and the hat! have a great trip!

Ray-Ban Giveaway on my blog!

http://hashtagliz.com

Carly Conners said...

Loveeeee some good alone time to myself too-esp as I get older :) Cute outfit - have fun in Korea!
xx
Carly
http://bunbunbook.com

Ela BellaWorld said...

I love rainy Autumn weather! Your jacket looks really nice and it suits you :)

www.elabellaworld.com

Rachel said...

You look wonderful in that hat. And damn, I am so excited to read and see pictures from your Korea trip! It's going to be out of this world I know!

xo

Rachel

Stephanie said...

That leather jacket is perfect!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

The Sunday Mode said...

Even though I don't live in NY I imagine it to be beautiful in every season. I know in Melbourne I like it just as much when it rains as it does when it's sunny, sometimes even more so.

www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

Ashlee Favro said...

Love this outfit!

www.tusksandtails.com

Paulina Villalpando said...

I love basic dresses like this one, perfect¬ http://www.thepaarblog.com/