Friday, October 30, 2015

Seoul Fashion Week | Lucky Chouette


Finally going to start rolling in my photos from the actual shows coming out of Seoul Fashion Week! Starting with one of my favorites, Lucky Chouette. As a reminder, this is the first time I've heard of the majority of the labels showing at Seoul Fashion Week, and I didn't have much time to do background checks on the brands beforehand. So as you must know, I was coming into these shows blindfolded. The most amazing thing is that I left totally inspired and surprised at how conceptual the designers coming out of Korea are! Lucky Chouette was a big deal, being the last show of the night this particular day. Celebrities were all over the front row, the line to get in was a bit crazy, and the amount of flashing lights going on was borderline absurd. Aside from the pre-show extravaganza (almost just as important as the show itself), I was not let down by the looks I saw coming down the runway. It was such an eclectic mix of looks, but as a whole it came together quite tastefully. But most of all, it was pure fun, pulling inspiration from just about everywhere. I related to the brand's concept because I do the same myself. A mix of 90's tomboy street and western wear. Rock and roll queen mixed with 60's style sportswear. 80's school girl (verging on Molly Ringwald) thrown together with every motorcycle babe's dream. Textures, colors and patterns all colliding to create one big beautiful, overarching collection that makes me excited to put outfits together in the morning. Because really, when you think about it, when it comes to dressing the possibilities really are endless. There is no certain right or wrong. There is no such thing as something being "in" or "out". There are no rules. I appreciate the freedom of fashion that Lucky Chouette presented. It showed off once again that fashion still hasn't lost its imagination and doesn't seem to be doing so anytime soon. 

Photos by me









9 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

great shows

http://hashtagliz.com

Ela BellaWorld said...

Some of these pieces are really good!Totally agree with no rules, you just dress however you feel like dressing! x

www.elabellaworld.com

Laura Bret said...

I really like some of the clothes and outfits, they look very refreshing

http://laurabret.blogspot.com.es/

aurora said...

Korea runway shows are so good and the fashions are so vibrant so today style for young people. Love all the pics !

Suzan said...

Really CoOL !

Rachel Ang said...

The second outfit is my favourite!

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com

thiang said...

Looks like you sisters have so much fun

Michelle Lee said...

Lucky Chouette creates such pretty collections! :)

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Juan Venegas said...

I am watching it a many Seoul fashion week, but my favorite fashion week is New York because it’s amazing dresses introduce on every year infect most people like New York fashion week. The Witcher 3 Jacket at Instylejackets