Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cleobella Girl | Kylee Campbell

Kylee is wearing the Cleobella Malibu Dress and Zinta Jacket

Say hello to Cleobella Girl #2, Kylee Campbell. Kylee and I met back in our styling days at the Free People corporate offices. Kylee moved from Philadelphia a year ago to NYC to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an actress. When she's not going on castings, practicing lines or shooting on set, she works on other creative endeavors, such as working on her newly made blog to document her journey. Every day is different for Kylee, and that's where the excitement comes in. I photographed Kylee in her new neighborhood, West Soho. She rocked her Cleobella Malibu Dress and Zinta Jacket. A quirky, bohemian twist on a French-inspired look. Learn more about Kylee below: 

What do you love about living in NYC, and what first drove you to the city?

I love that there are endless possibilities in NYC. I read an article recently that talked about NYC being the perfect place for possibility junkies and that really hit home for me because it's spot on. I love the diversity. It’s such a melting pot of people from all different backgrounds and places around the world. It inspires me daily. I think it was all of these things that drove me here initially. I had always wanted to live in NYC, to have the experience of living here and it just so happens it has a thriving film and fashion industry which allows me to pursue both my passions. I get bored easily but it's truly hard to be bored in NYC. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a homebody sometimes but it's nice to know the option of going out and doing something is always there. 

What drives your passions and creativity?

People, places, and experiences. I find inspiration in different forms all the time but living in NYC and being surrounded by its energy is definitely a huge driving force. I am an actor, who also happens to work in fashion on a freelance basis so seeing and meeting new people with different styles and walks of life everyday is hugely important. Seeing new art exhibits, design, how people expressive themselves with their clothing, traveling . . . all of this drives my passion and creativity. I've tried on various different creative hats, and have a background in architecture, design and fashion styling. However, it wasn’t until I started acting that I truly felt 100% alive. It's the best creative outlet for me and drives me to be the best creatively in-tune person I can be. My blog allows me to share these experiences, adventures and thoughts.

If you can close your eyes and open them to find yourself anywhere in the world, where would you want to find yourself?

Oh this is such a hard question! There are so many places I would love to travel, including jumping into a time machine and visiting another era. I think questions like this are just a bit unfair really, I mean come on! There are so many brilliant adventures to be had!! Iceland has been at the top of my list for a while now with New Zealand and Australia close behind. I love adventure and being in nature, and all of these places have such amazing natural landscapes. I imagine it would be like escaping into a magical other world. Bali is always on my list as well. I can go back there a million times and never get tired of it.

What does it mean to you to have a "lust for life”?

A yearning to feel every fiber of your being electrified. To go after a dream, to practice saying yes to opportunities and adventures, exploring new experiences and breaking out of your comfort zone. To not limit yourself. To savor every experience. To live life to fullest because darling its just too damn short.

What's your hidden talent?

I'm not sure I have one

Listening to right now?

So many different things, Im hugely inspired by music for my work, it can really help me get into a mood or character.

Reading right now?

I'm about to start Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris, but you will usually find me reading some sort of fantasy book in the world of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. I'm totally an escapist and love getting swept up into magical lands.

What woman in your life do you admire the most and why?

My mother. She has always told me to follow my passion and it's never too late to try something and go after it. I decided to study acting and follow that dream a little later in life and she was one of the few people who encouraged me and supported me. Without her I couldn’t have found my true passion let alone peruse it as a career. She is incredibly giving, smart and independent. I'm a really big fan of women who are kind to other women. Ladies we are all in this together. Let's remember to be kind and supportive to one another instead of judgmental or mean. We must be advocates for each other.

How do you describe the Cleobella girl and the way you feel when you wear Cleobella?

I think the Cleobella girl is full of wanderlust. She is a bohemian goddess full of life, love and laughter. She embraces experiences, people and places and sticks true to the important things in life. She cherishes life’s simple little moments just as much as she embraces the high energy crazy ones. When I wear Cleobella I feel like embracing my more bohemian, gypsy, wanderlust side and traveling the world. I feel unique and effortless, and special.

Shop more Cleobella dresses here:


Liz Lauren said...

love this dress


Kira Savchenko said...

In love with this shoot! Looks so chic and sophisticated!
Kira Is Wearing

Karen Liesens said...

This is such a lovely dress.

x Karen

Laura Bret said...

She's so stylish!


Rachel said...

Love the layering job here! Stunning!



Sabrina T. said...


Patchwork à Porter

Charlene said...

Lovely !!


La Vida Loka said...

very nice look dear.

Ashlee Favro said...

Love her outfit so much!!


mirjam said...

beautiful look - love that fisherman's hat!!
xx. Mirjam