Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cleobella Girl | Melissa Mathewson


Melissa is wearing the Aubrey Fringe Sweater and Montecarlo Dress

Another post for my Cleobella Project :) This time, featuring my good friend Melissa Mathewson. Melissa and I met way back in Philadelphia when we were both working at the Free People headquarters. I really can't believe it's been over 3 years! This girl has such a genuine, kind heart, one of the best senses of humor, and such a beautiful outlook on life. Always easy going, always smiling and always so appreciative. She's someone I'm always inspired by when I am around. Not only because she is such a wonderful person and a true friend, but because she has such a great eye. Just check out her Instagram feed :) It's every floral and earth lover's dream. Melissa is the perfect example of the modern day hippie with that Southern charm thrown in for good measure. So lucky to have her as a friend. The Aubrey Fringe Sweater and Montecarlo Dress combination by Cleobella was made for her!

Photos by me.

Learn more about Melissa below!

What do you love about living in NYC, and what first drove you to the city? 

I love New York City because there's always something new to discover. From the neighborhoods to the people - everything helps me gain a fresh and appreciative perspective on life. Growing up in Oklahoma, I always knew I was meant to move to the big city. I spent a summer in Brooklyn while interning at a magazine in college - from that moment on I knew New York was the place for me. Every day is different and challenging but I wouldn't have it any other way.

What drives your passions and creativity? 

Everything. I think that's the best part about the world we live in - you can find inspiration anywhere if you look close enough. I'm trying to be better about carving out some time during the busy work weeks to spend more time fueling my passions. To me, the goal has always been to create something that makes me happy.

If you can close your eyes and open them to find yourself anywhere in the world, where would you want to find yourself? 

It's not necessarily where I would find myself, but who I'd be with. As long as I have my friends, family and my wonderful man by my side - I'm happy. Although being near the ocean is what makes me feel most at home.

What does it mean to you to have a "lust for life"? 

To live in the moment and enjoy every minute of life. To learn from everyone and everything around you. To practice gratitude and mindfulness every day.

What's your hidden talent? 

I speak French fluently. I went to an immersion elementary school and learned to read in French before I could even read in English. It's funny because no one expects that when they find out. I hope to take this skill with me on a trip to Morocco or Tahiti (the French speaking destinations most people forget about) sometime in the very near future.

Listening to right now? 

Fleetwood Mac, always. I've also been really into the Bahamas ... they're music makes me feel like I'm tucked away in a beach bungalow soaking in the sunshine.

Reading right now? 

Just Kids by Patti Smith. I could read this book over and over and over. Next on my list is her new book, M Train.

What woman in your life do you admire the most and why? 

Hands down my mother. She's been an inspiration in my life since I was little - she's unique, hardworking, independent but most of all loving. She has always been there to remind me to live in the present and learn from the past. She's there for me on my hardest days and my best days, always cheering me on and reminding me that life shouldn't be taken too seriously.

How do you describe the Cleobella girl and the way you feel when you wear Cleobella? 

The Cleobella girl is a little boho, a little rocker and a little glam. She's not afraid to experiment with her style. When wearing Cleobella I feel like myself - the whimsical dresses are great for dancing late into the night while the shaggy sweaters add that extra unexpected layer.

And shop some other amazing Cleobella jackets here:












12 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

awesome interview and I love her style

http://hashtagliz.com

Stephanie said...

Wow what a beautiful look, love the outfit and energy in this shoot! So fun!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

sonia chan said...

the jacket is amazing love everything including that model.

Sabrina Tan said...

Absolutely loveeee this post!! Such a beauty and you did amazing with the photography

Sabrina | www.GYPSYTAN.co

Mariya Marinova said...

These shots are more than amazing! Inspiring x Mary

www.marypolka.com

Rach DiMare said...

Lovely photos! It has a cinematography style to it! Great interview!

www.rdsobsessions.com

Ana Sofia said...

Stunning images, they look like they're straight out of Vogue!

Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC
@anasofiachic

Sabina B. said...

love the photos!


http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

Marissa Conway said...

Just discovered your blog and I love it! Such gorgeous photos!! x

www.theshabbysuitcase.com

Rachel said...

That jacket is perfect on her!

xo

Rachel

elifnaz said...

Gorgeous photos!

http://bellemelange.net/blog/

Natalie Suarez said...

now this is amazing!

Natalie Off Duty