Friday, November 13, 2015

Get Creative


One of my favorite ways to relax is by getting a little artistic. I consider myself more of a little kid playing around when I have my paints and colored pencils in hand, but I find it to be one of the best ways for me to unwind and get a little alone time. And as a result, I get to hang some of it up around my apartment. I've never thought of myself as the best interior decorator, but it really is crazy how easy it is to brighten up a living space with a some color and art here and there. And it feels even better when some of it has a personal touch. I love to watercolor over black and white photos that inspire me. I hung a few up in my living room and in my bedroom near my workspace. All of a sudden, these rooms went from blah and bland to much more pulled together and quirky. I learned to do a makeshift version of Suminagashi, an ancient Japanese marbling art also know as "floating ink." Our creations didn't turn out exactly how we expected, but we did come out with a result that was pretty cool, especially since we played around with our favorite blends of colors. And they complemented the prints that I already had up perfectly.

Unwinding through art isn't just for "artists". Everyone can choose to experiment in anyway they want when it comes to letting our their creativity! So try something new, even if you have no idea where to start. You never know where you will end up with it. 





19 comments:

Stylehue said...

Love this 😃 I never painted on magazines before, but I like to cut to pages out and braid them together.
I love to draw and paint. My latest obsession is photoshop 💙

Xo
https://stylehue.wordpress.com

chiara said...

Hi, art is awesome, I love most of artists!
Have a good night!
Chiara
www.shesinfashionblog.com

Liz Lauren said...

I need more art on my walls

http://hashtagliz.com

Auna said...

This is so cool! Thank you so much for sharing!

xx Auna | http://simplyauna.com

rag dolls said...

Great! Thanks for the comment!

http://theragdolls.blogspot.com/

Patricia G. said...

I love your artistic side!
xox
http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/

Ari Camacho said...

Love how all the paintings together look!
www.thedoubledenim.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Wow, this is what I call talented!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Michelle Lee said...

wow such a cool idea! :)


www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Mira Devils said...

Looks so amazing. I should try this too :)

xx glamdevils.com / miasmode.blogspot.com

Viviene Kok said...

Beautiful pictures Dylana. Inspiring :)

Real life Nerd // www.vivienekok.com

theglamandglitter said...

Wow, I love these paintings so much! You are so talented :) Thanks for sharing!

Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

Tamara xxx

Alessandra said...

Everybody has the right to get a little artistic. No matter the quality of the result, the idea is to express the creativity, no matter how. This is what keeps us alive, not being robots in this modern world.

Irene Thayer said...

amazing pictures! so inspiring:)

irenethayer.com

Ela BellaWorld said...

Oh wow... they look amazing! Wish I would come up with ideas like that :)

www.elabellaworld.com

Suzan said...

Oh. oh. marvelous.

Trang Do said...

Amazing art! Love them!
Xoxo,
Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

Laura Mitbrodt said...

These are great, it is so fun to hang your own art up
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

the garage starlets said...

Looks so so good!!!

http://thegaragestarlets.com/