Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Perks of Having A Sister


 My sister and I have been told many times over that we have a bond that's very rare. And I actually do believe this to be true. My sister Natalie is my best friend. My mind reader. The beginning and end to my laughs. My third arm basically. So many of my life experiences have been alongside her, and before I tell anyone anything it usually goes through her first. With Natalie, I always feel endless love and camaraderie. This quote sums it all up:

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle

Usually there aren't many people in your life that you can say you've been through every single up and down with and still love them unconditionally throughout and after it all. A person you are alongside every single step of the way, no matter how hard, how aggravating, how worrisome it is. It's a special kind of sister bond, that's what it is.

Not all sisters call each other their best friend, but Natalie and I slowly worked towards something that is exactly that. We work together because we love it and we bounce the best ideas between each other. We have the same friend group because we appreciate the same sort if personalities in others. We laugh about everything because we grew up surrounded by the same senses of humor and have taken them to make our own. But at the end of the day, we each are still are our own person separate from each other and we are able to appreciate each other for that. We have our own separate experiences that we have experienced outside of each other, but have always shared with each other. Because of that, we are complementary in the most perfect sort of way. 

But like every sort of sibling, it's not always easy being around someone who knows you so well for such a long period of time. There have been endless times (and endless times to come) where we have told each other to shut the f**k up, aggravated each other to the bone, and just flat out felt like we wanted to kill the other. Moments like this are fleeting because we can resolve issues with just a few words of reason that make sense to us both after calming down. And these are the moments that help us grow up the most. By having our faults, fixing and working on them, and being better people not just when we are together but around others. 

On top of just having a best friend from birth, having a sister comes along with a whole lot of perks. Like a shared closet. Always someone to be your plus 1 if that guy doesn't happen to cancel. A shoulder to always cry on at any time of the day or night when that guy happens to break your heart. Someone to get all your inside jokes. Someone who just totally gets it when mom and dad start to get really annoying. Someone to tell you how your butt really looks like in those new jeans. Someone you can be your complete and total self around with no judgment involved. Natalie and I have have revealed all our imperfections and all of our best parts to each other. The freedom to be yourself when around a sister is the ultimate perk. No matter all the fights. No matter all the laughs. No matter all the cries. It's the most real. 

I love you so much Natalie. It's been so exciting and amazing to watch you grow, and to look forward to all the adventures to come with you! Love you my little funky, funny babe :) Proud to be your big sister! xo

18 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

I loved reading this! I have 2 sisters they're a lot younger than me and grew up in Paris so we didn't bond as much as I wish. But now that they're older I really feel like they're my best friends

http://hashtagliz.com

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra Cuiña said...

Nice post! <3 xx

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such a great post, dear! :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Steffi Santa said...

I love this post! My sisters are miles away from me but it doesn't stop us to stay close to each other. They are trule the best of best friends ever!

http://steffisanta.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/the-novelty-ootd.html

Avanti Garde said...

This is such a cute post! I don't have any siblings but I really envy your relationship with your sister. You guys are awesome. It's my dream to be the third sister ;)

Avanti
xxx
Avantigarde.wordpress.com

Stephanie said...

Such a great post, I love it since I feel my sister and I can totally relate to you guys! My older sister is also my best friend, we are only a year apart and have such a strong bond! We need a sista date with you guys whenever you guys come back to LA ;)

x
StephC


http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Magda Em said...

YOu are both great !!

Ashlee Favro said...

Aww so sweet, awesome you guys are so close!

www.tusksandtails.com

EmerJa said...

Beautiful words, amazing feelings. She must be proud of you too, for sure. :)
You both rock!

www.emerjadesign.com

Monique | WritingMonique said...

This is very, very beautifully written. Gorgeous photos, I really enjoyed reading it!

Summer said...

You two look so cute ♥

summerdaisy.net

Rainbow-Rose Blossom said...

This is so precious and beautiful! I always wanted a twin sister growing up but well you don't choose that one lol! I was close with my cousin during my teenage years and as I've gotten older I'm very close with my parents we've seen the good and bad of each other and there is something so special in that bond!

http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

Natalie Suarez said...

I AM SO PROUD TO BE YOUR SISTER LOVE.

you are the best best best person i know. and so happy i get to spend the rest of my life with you. I LOVE YOU!

natalie

Ari Camacho said...

Beautiful post!
Sounds really fun to have a sister that thinks exactly like you... I always wanted to have a sister. You are so lucky! Love the pictures btw!
www.thedoubledenim.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely outfits! Amazing color and accesories!
You should definitely go Talis.ro and take a good look:
http://talis.ro/evening/amalia-bleumarin-jumpsuit/

Rachel Ang said...

I love this post so much!! I really really do!

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com

Laura Clark said...

This is absolutely adorable! I'm so envious of the relationship you two have. My best friend my other half. However, there is something more special about not only sharing your soul with another person, but sharing their blood. I'm happy you appreciate what you have, not everyone does!

Laura

http://thefoxtrails.blogspot.com

Summer Read said...

This is such a beautiful post! I have a twin and I feel extremely lucky to have a bond like this with her! x

Summer, The Twins Wardrobe