Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Power Dress


Vintage Levi's denim jacket from Antoinette Brooklyn
Vintage Coach leather bag // SHOP SIMILAR
Pedro Garcia sneakers // SHOP SIMILAR

There's something about a girl in a lace-up top / dress. There's no denying its sex appeal. Exposing but with just enough left to the imagination. Teasing. It's subtleness based on how its styled and manipulated. It's the perfect thing for a girl with not much given from her mama in the cleavage department because the trend never comes across as too much for us. But it still gives us that feeling of having that extra va va voom factor that we seek out every once in a while. Date night? Dance night with the girls? I'm all about this dress for all these sort of situations that don't mind little amplification from said sort of dress. It's also the perfect dress to be single in. hehe. I finally gave in after a few weeks of contemplation to this Reformation dress in black. I knew it would go a long way for me. Look at me. Dancing in front of sun lit garage doors on my way to Venice Beach to have a beer. I may not have had the confidence to rock something like this a year ago for such casual of an event (or any event at all for that matter!!), but this year I feel like I can rock anything. And I'm proud to have that feeling. As a gangly teenager, I never considered myself super sexy because of my lack of curves in certain areas. It's crazy how much changes we go through as we become older. The relationships that help us bud and develop. The men that come and go who remind us that we are goddesses despite them not being the men for us in the end. The friends who are by our sides when we decide to take a risk and not look back. Not even a glance. These experiences are so powerful. Sometimes you can show this power through the way you dress. Don't let others tell you your limits, not just with the way you dress, but with the way you live every aspect of your life.

Now how about some of these Coach bags that I am loving right now ;)


Natali said...

Always looking gorgeous! Such a lovely photos!

Liz Lauren said...

such a great dress -- love it with the denim jacket

jessica rose said...

The dress is beautiful, if I had less erm *padding* on top I would live in this dress!! ;)

Laura Clark said...

Well said!


Katie M said...

This dress is gorgeous, I love how you styled it with the sneakers!

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

that dress looks amazing on you!

ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Irene Thayer said...

Amazing post! You have a wonderful blog:)
What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?..

Ashlee Favro said...

Loving that lace up dress!!

Dani said...

Really love how black dresses pair with denim jackets and sneakers! If I ever come around to committing to a daily uniform, this would be it!