Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My New Beauty Essentials

The beauty department is a tough one because there are so many options out there! Walking into Sephora for me is nearing an experience similar to something like a heart attack. Obviously, I'm far more a fashion blogger than a beauty blogger. I love makeup though, don't get me wrong. I just prefer to keep things simple. And when I find a product that really works for me, I hold onto it for dear life. Until the day it stops being produced. Of course, sometimes a few new ones slip into the mix. I always remind myself that new is a good thing because routine needs a little freshening up every now and then. That's just life in general :)

This brand is straight up all about pure simplicity, and that's why I love it. It's a new brand to me, and introduced by a friend, and I'm totally on board. This face stick is so easy for throwing into your bag and using for quick touch ups on the go. It goes on sheer but still has just the right amount of coverage that you don't need to worry about having to use an extra layer of concealer. Au natural. 

Glossier Boy Brow // SHOP HERE

There was so much hype about this one on social media that I just had to give it a try! Especially since my eyebrows is the number one thing I focus on when putting my makeup on in the morning. Let me tell you, this little baby is a magical dream boat for those obsessed with their eyebrows like me. I have yet to find a product that gives me that full texture and added depth to my brows like Boy Brow I seriously can't go a day without it. 

Glossier Soothing Face Mist // SHOP HERE

Back to back meetings, shooting on the street in crazy weather or editing in front of a computer screen all day can be harsh on one's skin. I never usually rely on a face mist to perk up my glow during the day, but after trying just a spray of this one by Glossier I was hooked. What a difference it makes when you can cool down your face, close your eyes and smell some rose water that smells homemade. It's an uplifter for sure!

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner // SHOP HERE

I've been going less harsh on the eyeliner this season, and skipping out on my usual black for something more off beat. This amber liner is an unexpected alternative that really stands out despite it's softer tone. It's just enough color to highlight my eye shape and bring out the golds in my eye color. I like to think that it hits the light in a refreshing new way. Whatever it is that is happening, I'm all for it with this one. Maybe next time I'll be in a purple or green eyeliner phase!

So there you go . . . my beauty talk for possibly this entire month. But if you like it, I'll give you more :) Stay pretty babes. xo


►Nadush said...

great post ! Lovely essentials :)
please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

Rachel said...

You look so fresh! Glossier really is one of my favorite beauty brands right now :)



Style hue said...

I've been wanting to buy a colored eyeliner for a while now, and seeing the orange on you makes me want to buy one even more !
The orange looks great on you ! :)
I was thinking of getting green or blue, but now I think I will see how the orange look :p



I really love you :) I see you for a long time, I'm impressed!

Can you follow me? I follow you :)
If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

The Sunday Mode said...

That stila eye liner sounds really good, I've always been meaning to try more stila products!

Kathy McCarthy said...

These all sound fantastic. I really like the eyebrow wand and the tinted face stick. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. I certainly get overwhelmed at Sephora so having a certain product in mind before I go in there is a definite benefit.


Trang Do said...

You look stunning dear! Great products! Love that eye liner so much!
Kisses and hugs from {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

Mira Tolvanen said...


Adria said...

These beauty products look amazing! Never tried them but the packaging makes me curious!
Fashion Soup

Summer said...

You look so pretty! Nice products ♥

Mary R said...

Hi Dylana,
These products all sound amazing. I'm intrigued by the face mist... it's not one of those things I would normally buy, but a makeup counter person once sprayed it on me before applying some makeup and I thought it was such an indulgent and relaxing step in the process of getting ready. Like you, I tend to stick with what works for me and never stray! Thanks for these great suggestions!

Love, Mary

TS Detector said...

I heard all the best about Glossier, can't wait to try it myself :) Great photos, by the way!
Ivona from
xoxo said...

You look so pretty!