Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cleobella Girl | Tiffany Nika

Tiffany is wearing the Cleobella Lima Dress and Viper Jacket.

This might actually be one of my favorite photo sets from my Cleobella Girls Project. Tiffany Nika is a superhero of sorts. I love this girl for her compassion, creativity and optimism. Her exotic beauty is also something to admire for she exudes confidence and love for her heritage. On top of that, she is true New Yorker born and raised. But she's not your typical New Yorker. She dedicates her life to social work and humanity at the Bowery Mission, and her work inspires me to give back more. Her sense of fashion is spot on, as well. This jacket was the most unique and far out from the Cleobella collection that I received to shoot. Of course, it was the one that Tiffany was drawn to the most, and she totally rocked it! It takes attitude to pull this piece off. Thanks Tiffany for modeling for me, and being the bad ass that you are for my camera. 

Get to know Tiffany more below:

What do you love about living in NYC, and what first drove you to the city? 

 Well, I am a native New Yorker. I currently live in Manhattan, in the heart of the hustle and bustle. What I love most about my city is there is always something to do, no matter what time it is. My favorite part of the city is the history; which includes the museums and the city skyline.

What drives your passions and creativity? 

 Art! I love it. I obtained a Fine Arts degree. Although I paint, one of my favorite things to do is put an outfit together. I love to watch people's different styles all over the city and world, and somehow combined them altogether into my taste. It's a strange creative side of mine but the passion comes from comfort and love.

If you can close your eyes and open them to find yourself anywhere in the world, where would you want to find yourself? 

 That's a tough one. I would love to be in India or the 1800's . I say the both because India is colorful and the 1800's had such a way with fashion. Wouldn't that be concerned England? Both, are a great place to visit and learn more about history and where fashion stemmed from. I also want to be a missionary, so India comes in to mind to help those who are in need and at the same time enjoy the culture.

What does it mean to you to have a "lust for life"? 

 "Lust for life" is thriving to be where you need to be. It also means enjoying the moment. Lust is craving all the talents you are given and using them to your best abilities. In life we are called to be something. Whether it's a teacher or an artist or a doctor. We all have our creative side. We just have to stop what we are doing and listen. I lust knowing what I want and I also enjoy life knowing where I need to be.

What's your hidden talent? 

 Ha, I do know how to sing. Lately, I've realized I'm wasting my hidden talent by not using it to my advantage. I do have a guitar at home and I can play small tunes on the piano. These are some things I feel I need to start practicing. Once I get into the groove I'm sure I'll succeed.

Listening to right now? 

 I'm listening to Hillsong Transfiguration. It can go from this to Kanye West - Roses in 2 minutes.

Reading right now? 

 I'm reading Live Love Lead by Brian Houston. [Highly Recommended]

What woman in your life do you admire the most and why? 

I admire my mother. She has worked so hard raising my rebellious ass. Haha. I was always the child who roamed free. I NEVER took NO for an answer and that seems to be her favorite word till this day. She is strong, honest and giving. She is also my best friend. We argue so much because we are so much alike. I love her. And I hope she knows it.

How do you describe the Cleobella girl and the way you feel when you wear Cleobella? 

 When I wore Cleobella, I felt empowered, edgy and free. I will describe her as the cool woman who roams the city of New York and isn't afraid to approach people or love them. It would be a girl who is rocking some Indian accents and rustic 80's vibe. She would totally be my muse. She would be the chick who watches 16 candles or The Breakfast Club and travels the world. She could be anyone or do anything and still feel free.

And shop more beautiful Cleobella jackets here:


Liz Lauren said...

love the way she mixed prints


Ellese said...

I really love this look as well. The different textures and patterns mixed together. Stunning. Xo, Ellese


Sarah Modeee said...


Perfect look ! :D

Sarah, http://www.sarahmodeee.com/

Julia said...

Beautiful shots! I miss walking on those old brick roads in the city!

Julia || Closet de Jules || Recent Post - J.Crew Icon Trench Coat in Wool Cashmere

JBT said...

Such a chic look, I love the print of your dress!
xo, jill

Sandy said...

What a stunning look. I´m in love with your dress.

Greetings from Defereggental

sophie cerisier said...

Love these pictures <3