Thursday, December 3, 2015

Drawn to Rust


Vintage suede vest
Joie silk top // SHOP SIMILAR
Topshop neck scarf
A Gold E skinny jeans // SHOP HERE
Brahmin leather backpack // SHOP HERE
La Canadienne suede boots

This rusty suede vest has been a long lost gem in my life, hidden in the back of the closet by accident. Stuck somewhere in-between an old blue leather jacket I rarely wear, and an ill-fitting trench coat that I should have donated months ago. Somethings take time to receive the love they deserve. Sorry to keep you waiting pretty little vest (or should I say long). Because you are officially the bomb, and make all my basic tops look far from basic at all. And I like how much you make me feel straight out of That 70's Show, and like Ashton Kutcher could be my boyfriend. I never should have accidentally forgotten about you, because looking back, I totally could have used more of you this past spring. But at least there is next spring. 

Ever since I was a kid, I was always drawn to rusty colors. Not orange. No way. Rust. Probably it was because I spent too many hours a week looking through my parents yellow-tinged photos from the 70s. There was always so much rust being worn back then. Even on the furniture and on the wallpapers. It made me feel nostalgic for a life I never lived, but that  I wished I lived. I love its earthiness and rawness. It's the colors of hippies. A reminder of fall and renewal. But also a color of aging, like rust on an old gate. It's a protecting color, full of warmth and comfort. It conjures up images of Jimi Hendrix playing at Woodstock. I feel like he wore a lot of rust. This vest is probably the one and only thing in my closet in this color right now, and that is why I cherish it. And I am so happy that I rediscovered it again. 

Shop my look:


Vicky The Golden Bun said...

I absolutely love that backpack! so great!


Vicky // The Golden Bun

Izzy Ehrmentraut said...

So cool you found your vest again, because it truly is fab! Great color and model ♥

Seyra Rico said...

That color looks great on you, Dylana!

Also, your blog is lovely!
Let’s follow each other’s blogs and Instagram?

Cheers from the Philippines!
- Seyra
Instagram: @_srico

Tonya said...

I love this so much! The combination of the burnt orange and turquoise is so good! Perfect modern vintage style!

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra Cuiña said...

Great look! XX

What Would V Wear said...

OMG! That vest is just to die for! I love the color! Looks amazing on you!
xoxo, Vanessa

Natali said...

Fantastic vest and backpack is such a statement piece!

Sophie said...

Your style is amazing! I absolutely love your blog. Is there any way you could check out mine and let me know what you think of it?

Maggie Zemanek said...

This is so perfectly retro. Love it!

Rachel said...

That vest is so unique! You wear it so perfectly!



Angela Donava said...

I love it!!!

Have a nice evening!
Angela Donava

Vanessa@ Living in Steil said...

I love those long vests, and the color is really nice! So glad you have been able to put it to good use.

Stephanie said...

Perfect look, love that scarf and booties!


Sybil said...

that rust color is so gorgeous! :D

Have a great day!
Animated Confessions

Helen Chik said...

Girl this look is so fabulous and love the orange and wine red combo! Work it little lady!

Sending you love from Sydney xx

I've recently done a review on my day spent at the Luxe Peninsula Hotels which I would love for you to check out!

Helen xx

Chaicy Style A Pastiche said...

I Love this outfit and how it was paired with those some lovely accessories. You look fabulous

xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

Jana Helandi said...

I love your retro style photos! You look amazing.

Jana // Life of Jana

Sophie Atieno said...

I love your vest.You look so amazing.Such a chic look

Annessa Smith said...

I love how retro this vest looks! Too cute!


Dani said...

Not a fan of orange but loving the whole look!

Heidi Hendricksen said...

This is such a great color on you! You look gorgeous!

Wishes & Reality

Danielle said...

You look fantastic in this orange vest! I love the scarf! It adds a chic touch to the look! Have a great weekend!


Summer Read said...

I love this vest and it looks so good on you, that rust color is gorgeous! I love re-discovering clothes in my wardrobe x

Summer, <a href=">The Twins Wardrobe</a>

►Nadush said...

You look great :)
please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

Mónica - Mes Voyages à Paris said...

Love your vest!!

Mónica Sors



Ellese said...

This is a great look! I love the colors. Xo, Ellese


Ashlee Favro said...

Love this rust color, and you look great in it!

Irene Thayer said...

You look amazing! I love the backpack:)

JBT said...

LOVING that vest, you look so chic!
xo, jill

Shveta Sontakey said...

You are SO beautiful & that outfit is stunning on you! I love the vibrant colors and that backpack is so stylish <3

Tamara S said...

Perfect outfit ! Your backpack is amazing !!
xoxo -T
aestaste blog