Thursday, January 7, 2016

Ruffles Are All I Need

 ___

Cleobella blouse
BDG jeans
Luiny leather choker
Rita Sutormina leather backpack
Vintage leather belt
___

If I had to wear one outfit everyday for the rest of my life, then I would choose this one. It feels so easy and casual, yet I still can't help but feel feminine and subtly sexy in it. Simple in a way that a woman's confidence in her body and her personal style is perfectly complemented and not overshadowed. That's how I like to describe my fashion sense. I've always considered myself a bohemian dresser . . . going towards the flowy and Georgia O'Keefe-esque as opposed to the sharp and stiff. I am definitely much more bohemian than I am anything else, but with minimalist qualities, too. I don't prefer to be over-the-top . . . preferring subtlety instead. If I get in the mood to go a little more extravagant, it's in bits and pieces, with a splash of color and print here and there, or a dramatic pattern on a very classic and toned down shape. Or maybe a ruffle around the neckline and everything else bared down. I like ruffles a lot. All in all, I don't dress to grab attention . . . I dress for myself. That has always been my fashion motto. It has never felt worth my time to take too much into consideration what others thought of the way I dressed. I've always liked what I liked. Simple as that. I won't tell you how much I've repeated this outfit though. I will give it the blog post it deserves though :)

I'm currently back in my beloved NYC for just a day before jumping on another plane to somewhere I've overindulgently dreamt about quite a lot. Florence, Italy! I've listened to endless amounts of travel stories from my friends about road trips through the Italian countryside with days sun drunk while watching the roads through rose-tinted glasses. Stories of nights that end drenched in too much wine and enwrapped with gutsy Italian men wanting far too many kisses. I've watched Roman Holiday like a million times. And I wouldn't mind if pizza could be a regular part of my dietary programming . . . I think it's about time I make my way there! Still, looking forward to being back in my city for a bit again before the next adventure.




31 comments:

Alice said...

Such a cute outfit, I would agree it's repeat-worthy! Love your style!

xo, Alice | Miss Inconnue

Helena Dommor said...

Lovely outfit, I really like your jeans. You look fantastic and the pictures are beautiful ; )
LaMelenaDeLeón

kbiina said...

the leather choker is love!


kiawanders.wordpress.com

Rach DiMare said...

Such a cute outfit! Totally something I would love to wear when it turns Spring!!

www.rdsobsessions.com

Rachel McCarthy said...

Such a cute and casual look! The blouse is gorgeous!

Xo, Rachel
A Blonde's Moment

Veranica Lie said...

Love your style :)

Cheers,
http://www.oriental-lady.blogspot.com

MarinaSays said...

You look naturally pretty in ruffles! JEalous. They just make me look SO latina. Like, way too much :D
www.MarinaSays.com

theglamandglitter said...

You are always so gorgeous! I'm so in love with your blause :) Thanks for sharing!

Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

Tamara xxx

Catarina Neves said...

Love this outfit so much! The top is lovely!

http://www.silkypearl.com/

Natali said...

Florence is such a historical and romantic spot to visit! I hope that you'll have lots of great adventures there and I can't wait to see the photos from there!
Also, this combo is absolutely awesome on you!

http://lartoffashion.com

Yuka said...

I love it! the silhouette of those jeans are so playful and cute. You pull them off so well

www.prettyinleather.net

Allie Barke said...

Love that top and those jeans! xo

Amber Baker said...

This is such a lovely post! I adore that top, and I hope you enjoy Florence! That's so exciting!

Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

Rakel said...

love your look!

http://www.alovelystyle.com/?p=4682

Rosemary and Lace said...

Such a gorgeous retro look! I love the ruffles and cropped pants!

Michelle || www.rosemaryandlace.com

Ashlee Favro said...

Those pants are classic!

www.tusksandtails.com

Michelle Lee said...

have fun in Florence! :)


pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Trang Do said...

You looks so beautiful!! Love your jeans!!
Hugs,
Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

Stephanie said...

What a cutie! love your jeans ! :)

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Viviene Kok said...

Love the outfit Dylana x Such great inspiration!

Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.com

Laura Mitbrodt said...

you always have the best boho looks! I love your top!
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Mumbrint said...

i love these photos,and they are so beautiful. I love your post. Thanks very much.

►Nadush said...

You look amazing ! I love your hair :)
please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS


Jeany Roge said...

Such a cool and beautiful outfit! And the pictures are amazing! <3
www.vogueetvoyage.com | VOGUE et VOYAGE on Facebook

ndudlagirl said...

Super cool outfit, looking wonderful, love this!
xx, Nataliya

www.ndudlagirl.blogspot.com

Summer Read said...

Definitely worth wearing this outfit as many times as possible, it's gorgeous! Love the jeans and the bag is really cute! Have fun in Italy, sounds amazing! x

Summer, The Twins Wardrobe

Tonya said...

So cute and so 70s! I love that tie necklace too!! So good.

http://www.themoptop.com

Adaleta said...

This is definitely a really cute outfit, and I love the ruffles. Bring those ruffles back girl! adaatude.com

Paulina Villalpando said...

I love the last photo! http://www.thepaarblog.com/

sweetsimpleday said...

Beautiful outfit!! Happy new year!
Xo

Click here for Maid Service San Antonio Company said...

I'm in love with your ruffled top. Where did you buy that?